atw: Re: quantum leap - sudden change from one energy state to another

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:46:00 +1100

Hi Michael,
While in theory, what you aver may be true, the examples we have been misusing
-
steep learning curve, quantum leap, negative feedback, vanilla - are all
capable of being
replaced by words that meet my triple dictum, simultaneously, and don't require
reference to abstruse dictionaries.
Brian.
  Michael averred:
  Sadly, those three attributes -- plain, simple, and correct -- are not always
easy
  to define or agree on, and not always mutually compatible.

  Michael Lewis