atw: Re: Writing for Australian audience

  • From: sheetal.laviena@xxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:33:15 +1000

Hi Manisha,

We write for more than six countries. Yes, you would have customise your
documentation for the local audience.

The dictionaries will help you determine the best term to use for
localisation. But single-sourcing and conditions should do the trick -
easier to maintain.

Regards,
Sheetal Laviena
MYOB Australia <http://myob.com/au>

             "Manisha"
             <manisha@elitecor
             e.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             austechwriter-bou                                          cc
             nce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       atw: Re: Writing for Australian
             13/10/2005 05:15          audience
             PM

             Please respond to
             austechwriter@fre
                elists.org

Hi All

Thanks to all of you who have answered to my query.

Briefing for the query:

I am working for an Indian Company, spreading its wings now in Australia
and US.

My concern was - will I have to customize documentation for audience in
Australia, US and obviously for India?

Customization for each will mean a separate documentation set for each
and then obviously maintenance also.

I will go through the dictionaries you all have suggested and then
decide.

Thanx once again

Regards
Manisha