atw: Re: WebWorks Import Utility

  • From: "Margaret Parker" <margp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:28:52 +1100

I've used it Mick - depends how clean your Word docs are, like all these
things.

I've found the conversion itself to be a piece of cake - everything comes
across very quickly and easily, and relatively predictably.

However, if your Word docs are like most I've come across, you will probably
spend most of your time fixing all the formatting overrides and getting rid
of blank paragraph marks when you get into Frame.

I find it quickest to systematically delete all the formats in the converted
fm doc, then from Utilities, Create and Apply formats - then find and fix
all the duplicated para and char styles, then delete, create and apply
again.

After that, with clean Frame documents, you should find that life goes along
much more smoothly.

I presume that you are aware of Webworks Publisher for Word and have decided
not to go with that?

Margaret