atw: Re: Web hosting

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Australian Technical Writers List <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:48:57 +1000

Andrea Tappe asked,
 >>... I am looking for an ISP to host my business website, e-mail etc etc...
Does anyone have any recommendations? Doesn't have to be a very flash
service at present - the 'site' (such as it is) is fairly basic - no Java,
no PHP, no ASP pages...<<

Do you need the ISP part, or only a webhost? If the latter, and if you
don't need a huge amount of space, I recommend Server101; I've been using
them for several years and have three websites hosted with them. Their
helpdesk (located in the Brisbane area, I believe, even though the physical
servers are in California) is very responsive: quick to answer and
comprehensible to the technically challenged ;-)  They also offer a fairly
good price on domain name registration, including .com.au names.

http://www.server101.com/?AID=5123

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx