atw: Re: UML

  • From: Peter Rule <p_ruleau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:57:03 +1000 (EST)

Erisa,

I know that UML is often taught as part of a software engineering courses/units
at various unis etc.  Its a pretty BIG subject matter.  I did one such course a
few years back (at RMIT) and we only really touched the surface.

I'm not aware of any training courses per se, but you might try the Aust
Computer Society (I imagine if they are available they would be for people with
a software development background of some sort and so would assume knowledge as
such).

If you don't have a pretty thorough knowledge of software engineering
principles you'll be pretty lost I imagine, if you do have this background and
all you need is basic overview then I really think a good book can help.  Try
"Systems Analysis and Design: An object oriented approach with UML" by Dennis,
Wixom and Tegarden.  It places UML in the context of software engineering and
is a pretty good start.

Peter

Erisa Linsky <slinka@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Is there anyone offering UML training
courses in Melbourne?