atw: Re: Release notes template questions.

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <slb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:55:57 +0900

Something inside me says "plain text". Keep it short, keep it simple, make it readable everywhere. The developers can provide info in Word, OO.org, text, e-mail, whatever.

If you have graphics or complex tables in your release notes, of course plain text won't do. But then why do you have graphics and complex tables in your release notes? Put the fancy stuff in the main docs where it belongs. Save the release notes for the real late-breaking information.

Plain and simple--come to think of it, that's what the girls at school used to call me...

Stuart