atw: Re: Paragraph numbering this week

  • From: "Deborah Cross" <Deborah.Cross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:24:10 +1100

Here are some interesting notes from the American Bar Association
Special Committee on Citation Issues where they talk about the decision
to number paragraphs.
http://www.abanet.org/tech/ltrc/research/citation/report.html

I'm not aware of anything on readability/usability though and it doesn't
refer to the 1.1.1 structure.

On 27 Nov 2006, at 1:41 PM, Irene Wong wrote:

        We talked about page numbering last week but I'd like to ask
about paragraph numbering.

        Does anyone know of any research or documentation into para
numbering, particularly using the 1.1.1. kind of structure?

        Irene Wong
        Publishing Manager
        Office of Corporate Affairs, Sydney
        Australian Securities & Investments Commission
        02 9911 2601   (internally dial 22601)

        NOTICE
        This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged or copyright material. You should not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not the intended
recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible by return e-mail
and then please delete both messages. This notice should not be removed.