atw: Re: OT: Secure MSN Messenger?

  • From: "Michael Edward Granat" <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 21:19:37 +1100 (EST)

Hi Stuart B.

You'd be far better off to use the multi-chat client software
Triillian (as in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) from:
<http://www.trillian.cc/>

It is absolutely brilliant.  Works across icq, IM, Yahoo and others and
enables secure (128 bit encrypted) chat from one Trillian client to another,
using whatever chat account you have.

I "chat" to friends, family and clients using icq and IM, all from the one
consistent, intuitive GUI, from which you can register for other chat
accounts.

I have been using it for years with hardly a blip of a problem.

Very highly recommended from me, especially as (unlike icq) even the
free, single user version of the Trillian client has no adware panel.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas