atw: Re: Is the computer really a paradigm shift?: a lament

  • From: "bja" <moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:21:27 +1000

:] Very good. I liked that.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
peterm_5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September 2008 8:07 AM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Is the computer really a paradigm shift?: a lament

I know some old writers who wrote with a stick I don't why they wrote with a
stick Perhaps they were sick.

I know Babylonians who wrote in the clay And figured and jiggled and
squiggled all day.
They wrote in the clay without a burnt stick.
They must have been thick
To abandon the stick
Perhaps they were sick.

I know some Egyptians who flattened a reed What a way to proceed To then
write on the reed!

They  wrote on the reed to replace the clay...
To stop all that jiggling and squiggling all day..
They wrote on the clay to replace the stick But I don't know why they
abandoned the stick Perhaps they were sick....

I know some Chinese who wrote onto paper What sort of a vapour Do you sniff
to invent paper ?

They wrote on the paper to replace the reed. They wrote on the the reed in
place of the clay. To stop all that jiggling and squiggling all day.
They wrote on the clay to replace the stick. But I don't know why they
abandoned the stick Perhaps they were sick.

I know some old Germans who printed from type What a great hype All that
moveable type

They printed from type to get books with great speed..
And used vellum and paper instead of the reed. They wrote on the reed to
replace the clay. To stop all that jiggling and squiggling all day..
They wrote on the clay to replace the stick. But I don't know why they
abandoned the stick Perhaps they were sick.

I know some old clerks who wrote on a card How avant-garde!
To write on a card!

They wrote on the card to sort the books..
They printed the book to bundle the paper..
They wrote on the paper to replace the reed. They wrote on the reed to
replace the clay. To stop all that jiggling and squiggling all day...
They wrote on the clay to replace the stick...
But I don't know why they abandoned the stick Perhaps they were sick.

I know some old writers who wrote between tags What a bunch of old dags, To
write between tags.

They wrote inside tags to replace the cards...
They wrote in the cards to sort the books. They wrote in the books to bundle
the paper. They wrote on the paper to replace the reed. They wrote on the
reed to replace the clay. To stop all that jiggling and squiggling all
day...
They wrote on the clay to replace the stick...
But I don't know why they abandoned the stick Perhaps they were sick.

I know some old writers who read XML source.
They are sick, of course.

--Peter M in memory of Geoffrey's youthful curiosity..

6:49 PM