atw: Re: Google+

  • From: Lana Brindley <lanabrindley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:29:17 +1000

It's not random, Google have been regularly throttling the number of
signups to smooth out the process. I still have lots of invites to
give away (and I know plenty of other people do too), so if you get an
invite and it doesn't work just wait a few hours and try again.
There're plenty of rumours that G+ will be opened up completely very,
very soon (within days type soon).

Yes, sharing on email with someone who is not on Google+ works as
described, and will continue to do so. That is a separate mechanism to
the invite function. If you do get a post shared with you on email,
the best thing to do is click on the link at the bottom that says
"click here for more information" (or similar), which should take you
directly to a signup page.

This isn't the same as Wave, where they were really stingy with
invites and rolled it out really slowly. This is happening fast, which
I think is great, but they're still being careful to throttle the tide
a little to make sure features don't break.

Just be patient :)

On 3 July 2011 11:53, Deb Marriner <deb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For those of you wanting invitations to Google+, it might be best not to
> hold your breath. Not all invites are successful - and it appears that even
> if you do get an invite email you may not be able to join - yet.
>
> From this support page:
> http://www.google.com/support/+/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1265985&topic=TopLevel
>
> "Google+ is in limited Field Trial. During this time, when you share
> something with people who aren't yet able to use Google+, they'll receive it
> via email but won't be able to comment or engage with the content like other
> Google+ users. They'll be able to join Google+ as we let more users in over
> time."
>
> Cheers,
> Deb

> austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one
that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
--George Orwell
http://lanabrindley.com