atw: Launching a career as a technical writer.

  • From: Mark Cummings <1mark.cummings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:47:49 +1000

Hi all,
My name is Mark Cummings and I am interested pursuing a career as a technical
writer.

I hold an Applied Science degree, a Graduate Diploma in Engineering and have
over twenty years work experience across manufacturing, technical sales and
service. All these have required a degree of "technical writing", such as
quotations, tender responses, work instructions etc. i quite enjoy the writing
process but as yet I have no formal training.

As such, I am looking for some recommendations for an introductory level course
that might straighten me up a bit and give me some credibility in the field.
I am based in Melbourne, so if anyone has any recommendations, I would
appreciate your feedback.

Regard, Mark.