atw: Insert Picture default view in Word 2002

  • From: Susan Davies <susan_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:50:49 +1000

Hi All,
A couple of weeks ago I put a question to the list about the *extremely*
annoying new
*feature* in Word 2002 wherein when you select Insert -> Picture -> From
File
it always defaults to thumbnail view and you have to select  manually "List"
or
"Details" or whatever you want.  No-one appears to have known the answer but
have just found two solutions and thought I should share them with the list
as I know
others have this problem too.

If you go to  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=301459&FR=1
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=301459&FR=1>  this
lists two solutions:  a macro and a hotfix.  I am using the macro attached
to a new
button on a toolbar and it's heaven!  Someone from MS will be contacting me
within
a couple of days about the hotfix.  Don't know why you can't just download
it.
Anyway I hope this info helps someone, it has certainly made my life easier!

Susan Davies
Documentation Consultant
Technology One Limited

67 High Street, Toowong Qld  4066