atw: Fw: Re: SnagIt graphics via Word to PDF

  • From: "Geoff Warren" <gwar2731@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:15:41 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Warren
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Re: SnagIt graphics via Word to PDF

Christine,

There are two problems here:

1. Stick with High Resolution (or Print) settings for both online and print
situations. If you select the Screen setting in Distiller, the text prints fine
but the graphics are reduced to 'web graphics' and print accordingly.

2. Acrobat Reader and Acrobat (the full kit) have problems displaying on
graphics that have been scaled to less than 100% in Word, the greater the
amount of scaling the worse the online image appears online but still prints
fine if High Resolution (or Print) settings were used by Distiller. Try the
Zoom tool to check the quality of your graphics in the pdf file.

Do you have any graphics in your document that you have not scaled (are 100%)?
These should appear clear online from the pdf file and also print fine.

If not, try a capture of small window and insert into Word without scaling
(leave at 100%), pdf using High Resolution (or Print) settings and test online
and print.

Re-sizing your graphics with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro before inserting into
Word might help provided the resultant image is still sharp and clear.

Tyr re-sizing to 75%, 50% or 25% ...

Regards,

Geoff Warren
Page Right Pty Ltd