atw: Crime / Fashion Reporter?

  • From: "O'Halloran, Mike \(FN,IE\) @ Nautronix" <Mike.O'Halloran@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:03:36 +0800

I had to smile - Olivia Hill-Douglas of Melbourne's Age newspaper, was
reporting the interaction between a crim's estranged wife and his
current lover during a pre-sentence hearing at Melbourne's County Court.
She added her own touch, describing the women's outfits, but for some
unknown reason decided not to outline what the men were wearing. I guess
there may be some relevance between what they were wearing and their
state of mind...

"Crime family matriarch Judy Moran, the wife and mother of two of
Williams's victims, was sitting in the front row of the Victorian
Supreme Court.
Mrs Moran walked into court shortly before the hearing started, wearing
a long black frock with the unmistakeable pleats of an Issey Miyake
design.
Roberta Williams' apparent nemesis was dressed in a grey strapless
pencil dress over a white long-sleeved shirt. She was wearing scarlet
high-heels.
A slimline Williams sat quietly during the hearing, dressed in a navy
suit, blue shirt and red tie.
Roberta, dressed in jeans, a blue hoodie and a yellow beanie, blamed the
altercation on the woman, saying it wouldn't have happened had she not
gone near the Williams' daughter.
"Don't go near my daughter you trashy piece of f***ing carnage," she
told the woman after the court had been adjourned.
Police held the woman back in the court until Roberta had left."

Anyway, I thought it was mildly amusing for a Friday arvo break.
Cheers,

Mike

Mike O'Halloran
Team Leader Technical Writing

L-3 Communications Nautronix Limited ABN 28 009 019 603
108 Marine Terrace, Fremantle, WA 6160, Australia
T +61 (0) 8 9431 0000,  F +61 (0) 8 9430 5901

E mike.o'halloran@xxxxxxxxxx
www.L-3Com.com/