atw: Available for itty bitty stuff

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:40:46 +1100

Hi Guys

I'm back on the market, but only for itty bitty stuff, done remotely here in
Tasmania, where I am now living.  I moved here knowing there was unlikely to
be enough of my kind of work - and not particularly caring - running away
from Queensland after the hottest summer on record - and running away from
full-time work in our industry - it's just too damn hard.

I have been very lucky since I arrived here; got a part-time short-term gig
with Cadbury, while walking my dog on the beach, then got some editing and
writing work with my Sydney publisher, and some work helping launch Living
Now in Tasmania.

Like everyone else "alternative" here, I am making ends meet by doing a
little bit of this and a little bit of that - and loving it.

So what I need is to keep the little bits coming.  I am a good
trouble-shooter/fix it type who can turn my hand to pretty much anything.
BA, TechWriting, Inst Design, Training, copywriting, writing articles,
marketing work, sales work, managing stuff.  If you need an editor on a
Friday night for a Monday deadline - that's me.  If you need some standards
created or templates designed - me also.  If you have something that has
been atrociously written or formatted and need a quick fix - that's me.  No
contracts, just send me the work and I invoice for it.

I would appreciate it if you all keep me in mind from now on - for this kind
of work.

Tassie is fabulous - I am now living 10 minutes out of Hobart in a suburb
called Fern Tree, which is like those luscious valleys in the Dandenongs -
where else could you be that close to a city and still be in the bush with
fresh clear air, and soft mossy tracks except for the smoke from the fires
burning today).

Christine