atw: ASTC(NSW) technical communicator courses in Canberra - early bird closes today!

  • From: SUNTER Bede <Bede_SUNTER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:38:17 +1000

Greetings

A reminder, in case you overlooked it.

This course is in Canberra on Wed 10 & Thurs 11, August, 2011 (and in Sydney on
August 30 & 31)

Day 1 is Technical writing skills, a course that is ideal for newcomers to
technical writing and those who wish to brush up their skills. Just a few of
the topics covered:

- The four levels of writing

- Appropriate words, correct words and jargon

- Sentence arrangement for emphasis

- Parallel construction

- How to control long sentences

- What is a good writing style?

- Style guides and style conventions'

Topics are illustrated with real examples and interactive exercises. For a full
list of the topics covered go to the ASTC(NSW) course list:
http://tiny.cc/r120p.

Following the one day course are two half day courses, one, "The ten things you
should know about editing" and the other half day "The ten things you should
know about indexing".

You can do all the courses with a single price or each one individually.

If you book your course today, we will hold the early bird price for you until
you pay. Payment must be received by the course date.

Please send this email on to anyone you know how may be interested.

We will be running the same course in Sydney on August 30 & 31.

ASTC(NSW) courses are incredible value for money. As a not-for-profit
organisation, we keep course overheads to a minimum to benefit our members and
others in the technical communication business. All courses are delivered by
qualified trainers.

Before printing, please consider the environment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be
read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally
privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any
unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the
views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy
or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.