[austechwriter] Re: Word not saving

  • From: "Daryl Colquhoun" <atw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:41:11 +1000

> I have a document that just won't save in Word.  No error message or
> anything - just click on Save or Save As and nothing happens.

One remote possibility comes to my mind. Why can't you save? Is the Save
menu item greyed out? Some years ago I saw this and it was caused by a Word
macro virus, which was called Concept. There was something else too;
something about saving templates. The virus travelled around the company and
re-infected me every couple of months, whereupon I would call the admin
people and they'd clean my machine. It's along shot for various reasons, but
I offer this fwiw.