[austechwriter] Re: Word argh - a solution (kinda)

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:56:09 +1000

Then I must respectfully ask you to retract your statement about scars we
cannot imagine. Instead, check this lot out! <user shows off an intricate
network of old scars, fading now>

:-)

I thought it must be because my certificate wasn't trusted properly. Do you
know how many damn certificate stores there are? <Shudders> It wasn't of
course, just Word being all prim and proper about security and defaulting to
"thou shalt not muck with other peoples signed tools" in the most opaque of
fashions.

Of course, there's no straight-forward way to check them out either. You
have to add your own custom mmc console enabled for them. See this gash
right here... :-)

Steve Hudson

From: Steve Hudson [mailto:cruddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20

I have matching scars <user proudly shows them off> :-) Did you go the
full
hog and load the mmc page for certificate control and start mucking with
the
certs on your machine?

Steve Hudson