[austechwriter] Re: Word Numbering

  • From: hedley_finger@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:16:19 +1000

Christine:

Just use SEQ fields and forget about any sort of outline numbering or
autonumbering.  Because if you do manage to continue numbering after an
unnumbered paragraph or restart numbering from 1 in the middle of a series
of numbered paras, sooner or later it will all go wrong.

Interestingly enough, I use OpenOffice.org to write Word docs, and the
autonumbering is perfectly fine while I save in OOo's native format.  But
as soon as I save in Word format, the numbering goes bad in the traditional
way we have come to know and hate.  So it must be inherent in the Word
format.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor

(C) MYOB Limited 2002