[austechwriter] Sec Unclassified; RE: Re: Enter vs. Type and Read Me First recommendation

  • From: "Muzrimas, Diana MS" <Diana.Muzrimas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:11:06 +1000

Yes, as I said "it will depend on the situation"!! I'm sure Wendy will get
feedback from an appropriate sampling of intended users, if she needs to.

And yes, a reasonable technical communicator will try to avoid the trap you
speak of! Although, part of that trap can easily be that the "knowledgeable
person" may be a Technical Communicator looking for arguments to support
their own preferences, and not those of the intended audience.

And we Technical Communicators are, unfortunately, not always in the lucky
position of dictating whose influence we listen to (sometimes the audience
can be the person who pays you to do the work, and not the intended users
who you'd prefer to write for)....

And, if the audience were African pygmy's then 'draw' might be the term, or
more accurately some African term I've never heard of :-)
And, maybe for blind people 'say'...

...it will depend on the situation.

Diana