[austechwriter] Re: RoboHelp query

  • From: Dennis Frankel <dennis_frankel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:48:26 +1000 (EST)

Geoffrey,

I think I managed to achieve what you are trying to achieve with Robohelp 2002.

Firstly, I created a new topic. Then I linked another topic to the new one (I
did this so I can locate it after I compile, because I won't see the new topic
in the TOC.)

In the Windows properties, select the tri-pane tabs, then deselect the TOC &
Index checkbox. Also deselect the Browse sequence checkbox.

I compiled, and was subsequently able to go the first topic, jump to the new
topic. A new window appeared with the new topic.

Is this what you're looking for?

Dennis

Geoffrey Marnell <gmarnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear austechies,

Is there a way, with RoboHelp HTML 2002, to assign a custom window to a
topic that is NOT in the TOC?

Also, how do you FORCE the CHM to use the custom window you have assigned to
the default topic when the CHM opens?

[Background: I want the CHM to open to a page that does not show a browse
sequence pane. I can assign a custom window to the page where browse
sequences are hidden, but apparently only if the page is in the TOC (and I
don't particularly want it in the TOC). Even so, it seems that a topic
appears in its assigned custom window only if it is explicitly selected in
the TOC. If you make a topic with a custom window the default topic--that
is, the topic that appears when the CHM is opened--it opens in the default
window, not the custom window. I was hoping for a little more flexibility
than that!]

Cheers

Geoff Marnell

Dennis Frankel