[austechwriter] Re: Form Design Tool

  • From: Mike Buckler <mbuckler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ilana Cohney <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:38:36 +0800

Hello Ilana,

Friday, May 9, 2003, 12:51:43 PM, you wrote:

IC> Does anyone know of a cheap and simple tool that allows users to
IC> design the layout and element of online forms? What we really want
IC> is something like the form designer in MS Access which allows
IC> users to add text boxes, drop-down lists and other form elements
IC> and position them on a form layout. We would like to recommend
IC> this application to our prospective clients so that they can show
IC> us exactly what screens they want us to develop. Thanks Ilana
IC> Cohney KE Software

The free XBasic IDE at Sourceforge has a GUI designer. Looks pretty ugly
due to the colours and fonts used, but there is potential there.

Create a sample application with a couple of demo forms and send the
whole lot including XBasic to your customer. You'll need to write a
tutorial to guide them through the process of adding and customising
widgets.

Regards,
 Mike Buckler