[austechwriter] ASTC VIC: Next Meeting - Thursday 3rd July

  • From: "Fiona Gologranc" <fionamg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:24:25 +1000

Our next meeting is on Thursday 3rd July. Zeina Kohdr from Virtual Media
will be demonstrating XDK and ReWorx, and will give a brief overview of
Republico. There is a short description of each product (taken from their
web site www.vmtech.com) below.
If you think you might attend the meeting, please RSVP to
president@xxxxxxxxxxx, or reply to this email. Zeina will be giving out
free copies of ReWorx Lite to attendees, so we need an idea of numbers.

You are welcome to join us at the Paper Place Deli after the meeting for
either a meal, coffee and cake or a drink. We look forward to seeing you at
the meeting.

XDK (XML Development Kit). This is the latest technology for creating
online documentation and Help systems. It has a focus on the creation and
management of large to very large documentation projects. It manages your
projects better by using the power of XML to keep track of and maintain all
the elements of your online document. It's quality-of-output and end-user
functionality will make your online documents powerful, effective and
usable.
ReWorx 2003 This is a 'beautifully simple' way to create full-featured
online document systems automatically from within Word. Also XML-based, it
has access to the same powerful end-user tools as our other products (like
the XMheLp Table of Contents systems), but with an easy-to-follow wizard
that helps you with output designs, style mapping and more. Use ReWorx if
you already have your documentation written in Word and you want to get it
online quickly and easily. Or just use ReWorx if want to stick to pure Word
editing.
Republico This suite of products provides a multi-author environment for
corporate documentation and Knowledge Management. Essentially, Republico
provides a controlled workflow environment for an organization to capture
the knowledge of its employees. Contributions are amalgamated in a
structured intranet-based knowledge system as according to a prescribed
design (we even provide you with of-the-shelf designs and content for most
major business documents). Using best-practice methodologies, Republico
will guide people through the process of contributing to a documentation
system.
Use Republico if you are looking for a way to significantly save money in
the creation and maintenance of corporate documentation? from Human
Resources, Policy & Procedures, though to Privacy Policy and Business
Continuity planning. Republico has a dedicated web site at
www.republico.com.

Meeting Location:

VTR Consulting's offices are in South Melbourne. The address is Roseneath
Place, South Melbourne (near the corner of Market and Clarendon Streets). You
can find the location in your Melways on map 2F - C12 or on the web at
http://www.vtr.com.au/vtrmap.html

Please note: The doors open at 6:20pm and the talk starts promptly at 6:40pm.

Cost: ASTC (Vic) members free, Others $5

The ASTC (Vic) meets on the first Thursday of every month between 6:30p.m. and
8:30p.m.