[austechwriter] Re: A nice grammatical question to end off the week!

  • From: "Deborah Cross" <Deborah.Cross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 15:47:30 +1000

When the developer says "Configuring SQL-Server" this means the package =
SQL-Server, not the server that it actually goes on.  So you would be =
"configuring SQL server to put on the server". An equivalent you might =
be more familiar with is "configuring MS Word for your PC".  You =
wouldn't say "configuring the MS Word for your PC".

So I am thinking that ERP might actually be the program rather than the =
name of the server?  If so you would drop the article.=20