[audacity4blind] mix and render

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:25:30 -0800

Hello all, I am getting so enthusiastic as I rediscover the fun and joy to be
found in audacity. I love sound editing and recording. Just today I discovered
how easy the audacity can make your many tracks into one. I tried using the mix
and render option in the tracks, menu. I suppose most of you are familiar with
this, being older pros than me.

I also discovered that when doing a voiceover track, it is best to split sterio
tracks and remove one mono track, setting the other to mono. This sounds much
better.

I found a much older version of a manual, but it is for audio video users of
audacity. It seems to be for version 0.5 but still has useful tips.

So now, my question would be If I create 3 voiceover tracks followed
interchangedly by three song tracks, and I edit each track to sound right, does
the mix and render option replace haveing to line up multiple tracks? Also is
this best for exporting to file formats such as mp3 or wav?

Much thanks for everyones help.