[audacity4blind] Re: labels and selections

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:22:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi Ron,
If you press [ during playback, then this moves the cursor to the position
where you pressed the key.
If you press ] during playback, then this selects a time range from the cursor
to the position where you pressed.
So, if during playback you press [ and then ] you'll select a time range
starting where you pressed [ and ending where you pressed ].
You can't delete to the left/right of a selection. However you can select a
time range to the right or left of the cursor.
For example, if you press shift + k, this selects a time range from the cursor
to the end of the audio in the selected tracks.
If you press shift + j, this selects a time range from the cursor to the start
of the audio in the selected tracks.

David.