[audacity4blind] Re: hypothetical recording question

  • From: "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 17:27:01 -0700

In Windows XP I believe you go into the volume controls, navigate to the Record
page,  and turn on stereo mix.  This allows you to record everything you hear.
You may also need to have the microphone enabled on the Playback page.  But if
you do that, you'll have to use headphones, because it could feedback over the
speakers.

Once this is all set, all you need to do is start recording with Audacity at
any time before or during the call.  I should note that in many places in the U
S it's illegal to record a phone call unless everyone on the line knows it's
being recorded.

Hth,

Cliff