[audacity4blind] Re: how to improve

  • From: "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:28:27 -0500

Good evening. This is a very personal preference. AS far as EQ, the best thing
is to listen to the sound and take out things you don't like. For example: I
have found that for me freequencies from about 200 to 300 HZ  can yield a very
box like sound. Taking some of that out can certainly make things sound a
little better. It's something you really need to play with. The preview
function in audacity enables you to make changes and listen to them and
continually change settings until you like what you have and then apply them.
Also, the undo function is great for trying experiments. As far as how to
record, again, some like a direct signal and some like the room sound of a mike
and cabinate.  As a bass player I prefer a direct signal. Again, recording is
really about how you want to hear it. Have a great day.