[audacity4blind] Re: history of undo?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:33:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brad,
when you save an Audacity project, the history of changes isn't saved. So if
you subsequently open the project, you can't undo changes that were made before
it was saved.

 Subject: [audacity4blind] history of undo?
 To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Thursday, 2 January, 2014, 21:04

 Hi all, I thought I had my project
 working great, so I had voice intro tracks followed by song
 tracks and everything was aligned great. So I saved the
 project, and exported the project as a wave file. Then I
 closed Audacity and tried to play the wave file. I was given
 a warning when I tried to save or export it that it would be
 rendered down into a two track file. Or something similar to
 this. I ignored this thinking that this was fine, then when
 I tried to play the file, it sounds like my voice intro
 tracks are overlapping each other. I reopened audacity and
 the same thing happens with my project file.

 It used to sound great, so my question is is there a way to
 get into the history of things that you can undo once a file
 has be closed an reopened. Can I go back to the state before
 I saved. Maybe what I have to do now is make all these
 tracks one track.

 Thanks for any advice.