[audacity4blind] Re: cd burner

  • From: Justin Trevino <jtrevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:04:07 -0500

Speaking of questions not directly related to audacity,
Does anyone have any tips on using Brian Davies' click repair with JAWS?
I'm able to use it with the default settings, but JAWS is currently not announcing the various functions and their parameters, such as declick, decrackle, and so on.
Therefore, I'm not able to customize any settings.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Justin
p.s.
Even limited to the default settings, I highly recommend click repair for cleaning up old vinyl.
Here's the link.
http://www.clickrepair.net/software_info/clickrepair.html
On 9/16/2014 10:19 AM, Gene wrote:
Are you keeping other copies than the cd copy? CDS are not a good long term storage medium. You would be far better served, if your goal is long term storage, to use some other means of storage such as an external hard drive if you have a lot of material or a small number of thumb drives if you don't have a lot.. Also, the material should be backed up, in other words, at least two copies. You might have one copy on your computer and another on an external drive. CDS often fail as they age and you will very likely have increasing problems with them as they get older so they should not be regarded as backups. the backups should be digital.
Gene