[audacity4blind] Re: Zooming.

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Anders,

I don't know the answer to either of your questions - I haven't used zooming or recording streaming audio. I _think_ zooming has something to do with when you "zoom in", a left or right cursor key movement moves the cursor less than when you are zoomed out. See the zoom in and zoom out commands in the keyboard shortcuts reference at www.northlc.com/~sberry/kbd.htm .

David

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Anders Holmberg wrote:

HellO!
)It was a long time i wrote.
Audacity and i is working well with eachother.
Though there are two things that i realle ned some help with.
This is things that i really dont understand.
What is zooming?
I mean what is it good for and does it wokr well with screenreaders such as
jaws window eyes and hal?
THe other uestion is rather complex.
Yesterday i tried to record a streaming show from the swedish radio here.
When i started the recording evrything begins to stutter and went very slow.
I dont know if this can be my screenreader or audacity or windows media player?
Or can it be that i recorded on one device and listen on another?
However after a wile evrything locked up and i had to restart my computer.
All suggestions ar welcom because i really like this program and i really want
to use it for such things.
/Anders.
The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/