[audacity4blind] Volume settings in Audacity

  • From: Hettie <woehler.hettie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Bailes <drbailes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 22:30:18 +0200

Hi Listers
My next project is a great challenge recording some cassette tapes to my computer.
The volume differs during the original recording. My questions include:
1. Does Audacity have the phicility to set place markers to go right to where I stopped working the last session? or do I need to split the file into different sections?
2. Once I'm satisfied with a volume setting how can I find the volume value of that part to match the other sections of the recording to get an idea how much to raze the volume of the next part to the same level?
I tried to normalize the file but the volume still differs too much. Amplify raises the volume of the file as a hole.
Loudness normalization doesn't work either. I have 6 cassettes with the same problem so if I can fix the first one I'll be able to do the rest as well.

Thanks for any help.

Hettie

https://www.avg.com

The audacity4blind web site is at

Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line