[audacity4blind] Re: Two new commands for selection

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:33:46 -0700

Okay, so to set up a nightly build without affecting my normal installation, I unzip the build into a folder, make a Portable Settings folder in it-- and copy the contents of my Audacity %appdata% folder (with the autosave data, audacity.cfg, etc.) into it?

Thanks.

Gary

On 11/10/2016 2:20 AM, David Bailes wrote:

Following on from an initial suggestion by Gary, there are now two new commands for selecting a time range.
1. Save Cursor position, which is on the Edit menu. This stores the value of selection start, except during playback, including when paused, when is stores the audio position.
2. Cursor to Saved Cursor position, which is on the select sub menu of the edit menu. This selects from the current value of selection start to the saved cursor position. During playback, it selects from the playback position to the saved cursor position.

These commands are available in the nightly builds. This is the latest build:
http://gaclrecords.org.uk/win-nightly/index.php?dir=&file=audacity-win-re503358-2.1.3-alpha-10-nov-16.zip

Any feedback welcome,
David.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line