[audacity4blind] Selecting audio timing in a single track.

  • From: Eric Lueck <echodash19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:48:04 -0700

SO I've asked this multiple times, but I think this time I can phrase
things correctly.

If I have more than one track in a project, Audacity seems to select
everything in the project as all tracks play at the same time no
matter what I specifically mark on or off as selected tracks. I've
changed the default preference of select all audio if none selected
and unchecked it.

Then with a bit of tinkering I found shift s can give me control of a
single track, for the most part. Effects done to it only happen to
that track, and in playback it just does that one until I toggle it
off.

But even when it is toggled on and I try to select a specific time, it
selects all the time regions at once.

Simply put, what I want to do is just select an individual track so
they can be edited and mixed differently.