[audacity4blind] Re: Problem with ctrl+f6 Command in Audacity

  • From: David Van Der Molen <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 07:39:57 -0400

I just solved the ctrl+f6 problem by resetting the toolbars, but I think I'll now use the left bracket command instead.

Dave

On 5/31/2017 4:18 AM, Andrew Downie wrote:

Dave, your selection toolbar is turned off on that machine. Press alt-v to open the View Menu. Arrow up once to the Toolbars menu and press Enter. Arrow down six times to Selection Toolbar and press Enter to check it.

Another, often faster option to using control-f6 is to press left bracket ([) while in the track view and when stopped.

Andrew

On 31/05/2017 12:20 PM, David Van Der Molen wrote:
Hi all.

I have two computers running Audacity, both with Jaws 18 and Windows 10.

When I hit ctrl+f6 so I can move to a specific time in my project, the one computer works fine. With the other computer, Jaws says something like "tool doc" when I hit ctrl+f6. I really can't do much when this happens, except hit that same keystroke twice more. The first time, Jaws says "pause", and the second time, I'm taken back to where I was originally.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks!

Dave

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe