[audacity4blind] Pitch of Sounds On Computer Deteriorates After Loading Audacity

  • From: "Dave Van Der Molen" <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:20:29 -0400

I'm using Jaws with Windows XP Pro. Whenever I load Audacity on my work computer, the pitch of every sound my computer makes goes down by a semitone. So, for instance, if I unplug a device connected to a USB port, the Windows sound effect is lower than normal. Also the pitch of Eloquence (which I'm using with Jaws) goes down. This doesn't happen on my home computer.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Dave