[audacity4blind] Re: Moving tracks

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 11:07:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi Robbie,
yes, if you've got a large number of tracks, then using the context menu is
tedious.
It would be slightly better if the commands on the context menu had access keys.
A better solution, would be if the move up and move down commands appeared in
the the list of keyboard commands on the keyboard page of preferences, and so
you could assign keystrokes to these commands.
I've experimented with drag and drop and similar techniques and can't get
anything to work.
With drag and drop, after you've pressed the first ctrl+insert+/, you can press
numpad plus to switch back to pc cursor. This allows you to move down as many
tracks as you want. However, if you move down too far, then when you press the
second ctrl+insert+/, jaws complains that the original position is no longer
visible, and it gives up (The original position has scrolled out of sight). And
even when the original position is still visible, the results are unpredictable.
I also tried using insert+/ to hold the left mouse down, and ctrl+insert+numpad
minus to lock the jaws and pc together, but with no great success.

David.