[audacity4blind] Re: Making Plugins

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:18:06 -0600

Hi Annabelle,

Yes, it is possible to make a Nyquist plug-in in a text editor. To do it you need to learn the Nyquist system as it applies to Audacity. It uses the Lisp programming language, as well as its own scripting syntax. You can start your learning here <http://audacityteam.org/help/nyquist>.

As far as the particular task you mentioned, I'm not sure how to approach that.

Gary

On 10/15/2015 8:56 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I wonder, is it possible to make Nyquist Plugins in a text editor? What I'm trying to do is make a plugin that generates the pop and click noise you'd hear on vinyl records. How would I do this?