[audacity4blind] Re: JAWS Script for Audacity 2.0RC, Guinea Pigs Wanted

  • From: "Gary Campbell" <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:41:30 -0700

[Well, I see I didn't send this to the list.  I have implemented the option
to make ENTER not pause during play/record, but haven't sent it to anyone
yet.]

Hi All,

Well, I can't believe it!  Murphy is alive and well!  I don't know what
possessed me to make a label track right after I downloaded Audacity 2.0.3
after posting the announcement, but I found a problem with the script.  If
you are playing and use CTRL+m to make a label, pressing ENTER to complete
the label adds a p to the label instead of sending ENTER to Audacity.  I
can't find a way (yet) to identify when we are in a label track and a label
is being edited.  The best work-around I can think of right now is a JAWS
option to turn off (most of) the ENTER Pauses in play/record functionality.
Is this important enough that you would like a new version of the script, or
can I just release it in the "real" version?

I looked at label tracks a bit last night.  I can find no way to get the
"Label Track" text from MSAA.  I think I can get it from the by reading the
text at the PC cursor.  The label being edited is black on white, while the
others are black on light steel blue 2, but I don't know if I can detect an
empty label until there is a character in it to get the color of.  I also
don't see an insertion pointer while editing a label.   Is there one, and
does someone by any chance know how it's made?

Gary