[audacity4blind] Re: JAWS HELP NEW USER

  • From: "Pete De Vasto" <pdevasto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 09:15:03 -0700

Hi Robin,

In case you've not discovered yet, there's a manual written specifically for
JAWS users of Audacity at:

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-1.3.3-Guide.html

and a Wiki page at:

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=AudacityForBlindUsers

Both are works in progress, I believe.  I'm a totally blind JAWS user and
have myself just started working with Audacity, and it's been a bit of a
struggle but I am making progress.  I'm having trouble getting the hang of
doing things like selecting clips and then saving them into separate files.
It's more because I've not been able to get a big enough chunk of time to
really concentrate on it, but I do like the program a lot.  I also applaud
the team for working towards making this software usable by blind and
low-vision users.

Cheers,
Pete De Vasto