[audacity4blind] Re: Introduction and inaccessibility of audacity 2.11 for mac?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:29:57 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Michael,
thanks for the feedback. There have been other reports about this, it's been
logged as a serious bug, and hopefully someone will be able to find out what's
gone wrong.

David.

On Sunday, 19 July 2015, 20:52, Michael Kuhlmann <hallo-michael@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi to the list,

I just subscribed to this list and so here is some introduction: I’m living in
Hannover, Germany and I’m working as an organist in church. I’m also teaching
audacity and other DAW-software for a local foundation where visually impaired
persons learn audio- and production techniques. I just installed the latest
audacity on my mac with OSX 10.9.5 and was frightened, because the
user-interface seems to be inaccessible. VoiceOver just says „unknown“, when
navigating the interface after the first launch. Currently I don’t have a mac
OSX Yosemite installed. But if the latest audacity 2.11 really should be
inaccessible on the mac, it would be quite bad, because we had quite good
accessibility on the mac for years. Can anyone on the list duplicate this?

Thanks in advance and best.

Michael