[audacity4blind] Introduction

  • From: Jewel <herekittykat2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:11:28 -0400

Hi! My name is Jewel and I live in North Carolina (for now, anyway ). I am
functionally totally blind, being able to see only some light in one eye. I am
a JAWS user on my laptop and also have an iPhone. I decided to download
Audacity and join this group because I want to record my voice and edit
recordings of other people's voices for two reasons. The first is to add to my
blog, Treasure Chest for the Blind blindreasurechest.blogspot.com )by adding
recordings of audio games, interviews with various people, and recordings of
even myself just talking. The other reason is because I play Second Life, and
want to make my own gestures to use and sell. Gestures, if you are unfamiliar
with Second Life, are combinations of animations, sounds, and texts that make
your avatar move or say something. Behind the scenes, they are a combination of
audio recordings, avatar manipulations, and special scripts. I especially hope
to make gestures that fit a late nineteenth century old west setting, because
that is where I roleplay.
I am also a granddaughter nontraditional college student in my sophomore year.
My favorite subject is definitely English, because I love to write (as if you
didn't know that already ). The biggest challenge so far is definitely the
three weeks we spent dissecting fetal pigs in Biology.
I look forward to getting to know this list, and hope you will forgive me if I
write too much.
Until Later,
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone