[audacity4blind] Re: Inserting Audio in an Existing File

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 04:14:12 +0100

| From Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:39:22 -0400
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Inserting Audio in an Existing File
> I have a short piece of wav audio recorded in Audacity that I
> want to insert at a certain point in a longer Audacity file, but it
> seems to be over writing existing audio.  How do I just insert
> without over writing?

The key is to insert at a cursor point, not a selection.

1 UP or DOWN arrow into the track to give it focus, then ENTER
   to select it. Deselect any other tracks in the same way.

2 Press J to move the cursor to the start of the selected track.

3 Press [ and enter the time where you want to insert the audio,
   then press OK. This moves the cursor to your chosen time.

4 Then assuming you have your audio on the Audacity clipboard,
   paste.