[audacity4blind] Re: Help With Multi Track Editing

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 11:25:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Rob,
I'm not sure what's going on here (as you may have gathered).
In the tracks category of preferences, there's a check box "select all audio in
project, if none selected". By default it's checked, but it can be less
confusing if you uncheck this.
If this was previously checked and you uncheck it, does this make any
difference to the behaviour you're seeing?
How are you selecting the time range from near the beginning to the end of the
audio?
After selecting the time range you can check the start and end of that
selection by pressing left bracket and right bracket respectively, whilst there
is no playback. The keystrokes open dialogs with the relevant positions. Are
the values sensible?

David.

On Friday, 14 November 2014, 19:27, Rob <rarmstrlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using Audacity 2.0.5.