[audacity4blind] Re: HP Net book, Windows 7 Home and keystrokes

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:55:52 GMT

| From "Ron Edwards" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:07:57 -0000
| Subject: [audacity4blind] HP Net book, Windows 7 Home and keystrokes
> Using the above with the most recent stable version of Audacity, I have
> discovered that some of the key strokes I used with my lap top do not now
> work.
>
> J jump to start
>
> K jump to end
>
> And, there doesn't appear to be a left/right arrow key to move through a
> track at small intervals.
>
> Does anyone know of a work around for this?  There is a function key on the
> net book, so I am wondering if I need to use that in conjunction with
> another key.

Ron,

If you mean Audacity 1.2.6, it is no longer supported on Windows Vista / 7
because it is prone to crash when you press Stop after recording. 1.2.6
does not have J / K, nor does it have up/down to navigate the track table.
(left / right should work).

I suggest you visit http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/beta_windows
to grab the latest Beta which has the full range of keyboard shortcuts
and better screen-reader support.

Gale

PS where have the message footers gone?