[audacity4blind] Re: Follow up on binaural effect

  • From: "Mr. Wong Chi Wai" <cwwong.pro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:36:26 +0800

Haha, really sorry for keep asking stupid question.

Andrew Downie 於 11/10/2015 17:27 寫道:

The issue is not the recording device. It is having either a dedicated binaural microphone or two mikes set up to achieve the result. If operating on a small budget, two monaural, omnidirectional microphones mounted on either side of an object shaped like a human head is the starting point. As I understand it, best results are achieved with the mikes mounted inside ear-shaped objects.

The only issue I can foresee in relation to Audacity is that you would need to be able to receive input from both mikes simultaneously. I am fairly sure that most on-board sound cards do not provide a stereo microphone input. You would therefore need an external mixer with two mike inputs. That need not be expensive.

If you keep asking these questions I am simply going to have to buy a second Lavelier mike and see what I can achieve (smile). My plan is to connect to a portable recorder, but could easily try it with Audacity as well.

Andrew

On 9/10/2015 10:07 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai wrote:
Thanks for the information last time. I have been researching about how to make binaural effect with audacity. But I couldn't find any detail step by step description. Would any body have guide on this area?

Many thanks.
Andrew Downie 於 29/9/2015 17:04 寫道:
I forgot to mention in my earlier answer that you need to listen through headphones to get the binaural effect. If you listen through speakers you won't hear people walking behind you as you will with headphones.

Andrew

On 28/09/2015 4:39 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai wrote:
Hi all,
Is there any sound effect that can make sound like comming from the back side to the front side? What I want is not from a small volume to loud volume.
I would like to have some sound like foot step behind you and the person somehow go ahead of you....
Is that possible?

Many thanks.

by

Best Regards,