[audacity4blind] Re: Editing video

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:02:36 +1100

Hi Robbie

Not sure what you mean by "Is there a library for video content," but the following may give you some ideas.

I use the Video Edition of Total Recorder from High Criteria for editing video and it is very accessible but not free. It allows one to save the audio as a separate file. I have saved as an .m4a (I think that's right) file and brought into Audacity for embellishment. The embellished material can then be saved as a .m4a file and put back into Total Recorder.

A really crucial issue is that the length of the file must not change at all or Total Recorder will call you rude names and not accept the new audio.

You can do some correction in Total Recorder, but it does not have anything like the features of Audacity for tweaking levels, applying equalisation etc.

I have also looked very briefly at editing video in Reaper. Unlike Total Recorder, it did not seem to insist on making cuts at key frames, but I have not done enough to be confident that I am getting a good result. Reaper is also not free and the learning curve is considerable.

Andrew

On 21/10/2016 4:10 AM, Robbie wrote:

Hi!

I need to add an audio description to a movie. The plan is to import the audio track of the movie into Audacity and mix in the AD. So far so good, but how can I replace the original audio track of the movie with the new one? Is there a library for video content, as there is for MP3? Or is there an accessible video editor? I’d appreciate any ideas.

Cheers! Robbie