[audacity4blind] Re: Editing a conversation in Audacity how to?

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 16:51:19 +0200

Hi Thomas

Your goals are far from being out of range.
Firstly, forget the pause key, I do never ever use it.
Editing is prohibited in the Pause mode.
There are other keys you can use:
- Shift A --> stops and drags the cursor at the new position.
- "Set (or Extend) Left Selection" (probably left bracket or so on
your keyboard, look it up under preferences, keyboard), then space to
stop.

The intro and outro clips can be added with import (cmd-shift I).
Move the intro to the top (context menu)
You can arrange the three tracks (intro, conversation, outro) by
selecting them -->  Track menu -->  Align Tracks --> align End to End.
It is a little bit more complicated if the two speakers are not
arranged into a single (stereo) track.
You might also want to blend the intro into the speech. This does call
for another alignment method too, apart from some kind of fading out
of the intro.
In short, you would again place the cursor at the right position and
go to Tracks --> Align Tracks --> Start to Cursor.
This means that the selected tracks (i.e. the conversation or the
outro) are moved to the position where you've e.g. pressed Shift A.

Let us know how you get along.