[audacity4blind] Re: Braille Display not displaying correctly

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:56:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Robbie,
Jaws gets its information in mysterious ways, including intercepting stuff sent
to the graphics driver. My understanding is that this video intercept stuff is
different between windows 7 and 8, so the windows version could be the cause.
Could you give me an example of a common edit box in windows 8 where your
braille display does show the correct value of an edit field. I can then have a
quick look to see if there's any difference in the accessibility information
available to jaws in the two cases. However, I don't hold out much hope, given
that the insides of Jaws are a mystery.

David.

On Sunday, 16 November 2014, 14:30, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David!
Thanks very much. In Audacity 2.0.4 my Braille display is also not showing
edit field values. I had a friend of mine check on his machine and in his case
the Braille display is displaying correctly. He is using Audacity 2.0.6 with
JAWS 15, only he is running Windows 7. I can't imagine the Windows version
being the cause but it is the only differents that occurs to me regarding our
two systems. I would appreciate any further ideas.

Cheers! Robbie