[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity 2.3.0 released

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 18:05:05 -0600

There will be a script update "soon".  I currently have a development (local) version with the ALT+[] and other position stuff fixed.  The control IDs of the selection bar controls changed, so the released version of the script won't work for anyone with the new version of Audacity.  I was away for a month and have been testing with a pre-release version.  I haven't made any other changes.  I have only used a particular subset of Audacity features I use in some "jobs" I have been catching up on.  The only other thing I noticed is that one of the flags for Silence Preview doesn't get cleared, so you have to switch away from Audacity and back to get speech back.  That feature is really hard to debug, so I doubt I will get to it soon.  I also need to update to the released version, which I should have checked for earlier as my week's use would have been on the real thing instead of the prerelease version..

How important is it to keep support in the script for earlier versions of Audacity?  I am currently keeping support for Audacity 2.0.0, but I am only testing on the latest version.  Is there a reason to support versions prior to the latest one?

Thanks.

Gary

On 10/1/2018 9:00 AM, David Bailes wrote:

Hi Ted,
I assume that the Jaws script will be updated.
When I tested it, I found that the shortcuts alt + left/right bracket didn't work. The script complained that I needed to enable the selection bar, but this was enabled. I think I remember from some time ago that Gary didn't know what caused this error. So maybe the current script will work for other people with the latest version of Audacity.
The link to the installer for the script is:
https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/releases/download/rel2.2.1/Jaws-Script-for-Audacity_2_2_1.exe

David.

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 13:43, Ted Galanos <tr.galanos@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tr.galanos@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Will there be a new JAWS Script set to complement the new Audacity
    2.30? Would you please send me the most up-to-date scripts, please? I
    am rebuilding my laptops and reorganizing my Utilities folders. Much
    of my Audacity things are somewhat dated.
    Thanks,

-- Ted Galanos -
    Audio Technician for "TheBlindPerspective.com".
    Phone: 832-632-7779
    Mobile: 832-706-7102
    Skype: tedster1
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ted.galanos.9
    Twitter: @TedGalanos
    Email: Teddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Please consider donating to my Go Fund Me account at:
    https://www.gofundme.com/Lift-Equipped-Wheelchair-Van/
    or my ABLE account for “Achieving a Better Life Experience” at:
    https://www.ablegifting.com/TX/K9L8A2

    Thank You!
    “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
    things not seen.” - Hebrews 11:1

    The audacity4blind web site is at

    Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
    Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

    To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
    audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    with subject line